Value Seeds Limited, a top-notch agricultural seed company is looking for an Accounting Officer to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping and financial tasks.
The preferred candidate will be saddled with the responsibilities of keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. He/ She will also run accounting software programs (e.g. SAGE50) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts. A successful accounting officer should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk will ensure that the company’s daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts receivable officer or Accounts payable officer
- Familiarity with bookkeepingand basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
- Must have a B.Sc. or HND in Accounting, Finance or related fields.
- Working experience must be between 1-3 years in an Accounting or cognate field
- Must be experienced in the use of SAGE50 or related accounting software
11:59 pm January 3, 2021
Click here to apply