Gender Advocacy Officer
Value Seeds Limited is a leading seed solutions company in Nigeria. It is based in Zaria, Kaduna State. Its mandate is to research, develop, market and avail certified top quality, high yielding agricultural seeds of various varieties within Nigeria and beyond. Since its inception, the company has diversified its products and currently, with its subsidiary Manoma is involved in providing integrated value chain solutions to smallholder farmers. The Company is listed as a leading and trusted seed partner in the global seed index.
We are hiring for the position of Gender Advocacy Officer.
The results-driven individuals will strategically contribute to the design and implementation of gender equality, policy and advocacy. She will contribute to the management of the coalitions and initiatives in relevant advocacy alliances and forums, and coordinate participation in social accountability and advocacy-related communication activities..
- Gender Advocacy
- Gender Policy Implementation
- Coordinate and work with stakeholders on Advocacy and Policy Influence
- Organise Training and Awareness Campaigns on Gender Advocacy
- Assist in the day-to-day implementation of Gender, Advocacy and Policy Influencing program team activities at community, state and national levels.
- Provide a gender perspective and technical inputs into the design and implementation of project activities, development of advocacy strategies, delivery of capacity building activities, development and review of advocacy tools, conducting social mobilization activities and development of relevant communication materials.
- Support the organisation’s advocacy agenda and play a key role in implementing policy analyses, advocacy initiatives and events and related communications activities.
- Identify, cultivate, and expand network of key political allies, including relevant Nigerian government agencies, key lawmakers, staffers, advocates, NGOs/FBOs, multilateral, and the private sector to advance the gender policy and advocacy agenda and the coalitions the organization belongs to.
- Provide support for assessment and research activities at the community level to gather information for analysis on gender and advocacy issues.
- Contribute to the preparation of quarterly and annual project work plans
- Track project inputs, outputs and outcomes using monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Contribute to technical briefs and publication to be shared with external stakeholders.
- Support the development of organizational newsletter, updates and annual reports.
- Contribute to the development of proposals and concept papers.
- Manage financial information and reporting requirements of policy and advocacy-related grants.
- Handle any other task or responsibility assigned by the Team Lead, Advocacy and Policy Influencing.
Education and Skills:
- Degree in Gender and Development Studies, Law, Social Sciences, or any related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in gender, advocacy, and women empowerment issues.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent analysis and communication skills
- Good networking and alliance building skills
- Demonstrated experience of providing capacity building to local partners and beneficiaries on gender issues;
- Able to work under time pressure and long hours whenever required;
- A high level of social-cultural sensitivity when dealing with colleagues, partners and beneficiaries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and tact, in order to be able to liaise effectively; with a range of stakeholders, including NGO partners, community leaders, beneficiaries, key population and government officials;
- The ability for creative problem solving and innovation in complex and /or restrictive working environments
- User-level computer literacy (Office Package, Outlook, etc.)
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience working with Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) and Humanitarian context
- Experience in Gender Programming
- Deep understanding of guiding legal frameworks and principles of gender equality issues in Nigeria
11:59 pm February 14, 2021